What to do?
- Expore the Parc Régional des Monts d'Ardèche right at your doorstep.
- Hiking: explore numerous hikes for all levels leaving directly from the Auberge. Maps and information are available at the auberge.
- Pourcheyrolles Waterfall (Cascade de Pourcheyrolles).
- The Church of Prévenchères and the priory of Clastres.
- Visit the historical ruins of the Montlaur and Pourcheyrolles castles.
- Wander along medieval cobble-stoned streets and around the old village.
- Bath in the Fontaulière river.
- During the seasons, try trout fishing, mushroom picking, hiking in the snow with raquets in the Vestide du Pal and more...
In the surrounding area (10/20km):
- Reknown thermal spa centres at Neyrac les Bains et Vals les Bains.
- Traditional villages of Thueyts, Jaujac et Antraigues sur Volane including their local markets.
- Via ferratta and the natural site of the Pont du Diable close to Thueyts.
- Ray Pic Waterfall (Cascade du Ray Pic).
- Numerous swimming spots along the Ardèche and Bourges rivers.
- The charming medieval city of Aubenas with its castle and cobble stoned streets, and bustling Saturday produce market.
- Antraigues sur Volane, patrimony of Jean Ferrat.
In the region (30/50km):
Other day trips include visiting the Plateau Ardéchois with its lakes (Issarlès, St Martial, Coucouron...), the Mont Gerbier de Jonc (the source of the River Loire), its great forests, culinary delicacies (cured meats, cheeeses, and specialty beef), and the traditional local market at Courcouron every Wednesday.
In winter, the ski fields open at La Croix de Bauzon and at Estables. You can also go nordic skiing and dog-sledding at the Chavade-Bel air.
A trip through the breath-taking Gorges de l'Ardèche with their spectacular panoramic view is a must. Take the car or descent the river on canoe where you can also make the most of all the nature loving sport that are on offer.
And while your are in the area, visit the recently opened World Heritage listed site the Caverne du Pont d'Arc, also know as the Grotte Chauvée.
The nearest city is Aubenas (25km/30min)
The nearest train station is Montelimar (70km/1hr).
The nearest TGV station is Valence in the north (90km/1hr45min) and Avignon in the south (130/2hr).
Buses run daily between Aubenas and Montpezat.
Travel by car is recommended.